Air conditioners are an essential component of any home, especially during the hot Aussie summer. However, choosing the right size air conditioner can be a challenge, especially if you are not familiar with the technicalities involved. In this blog, we’ll discuss key factors to consider when selecting the right size air conditioner for your home.
Choosing the right air conditioner for your home is vital for keeping your space cool and comfortable, and increasing energy efficiency. The key factors to consider include:
- Size of your home or rooms: An air conditioner that is too small will struggle to cool a large room effectively, while an air conditioner that is too big will result in energy waste and higher energy bills.
- Climate: If you live in a hot and humid area, you’ll need a more powerful air conditioner to cool your home effectively. Conversely, if you live in a cooler area, a smaller air conditioner may be sufficient.
- Household size: Larger households may need a more powerful air conditioner to compensate for the increased body heat generated.
- Type of unit: The type of air conditioning system you choose will have a significant impact on the level of cooling in your home.
- Budget: Certain air conditioning types may be better suited to your budget, so it’s important to research different options to find the most affordable solution for your home.
Commercial air conditioning is a critical component of any business, providing a comfortable environment for employees and customers alike. When it comes to choosing the right air conditioner for a commercial space, the same principles apply as with a residential air conditioner, but with some additional considerations:
- Type of business: The type of business you run will also play a role in determining the size of air conditioner you need. For example, a restaurant or retail store will likely need a more powerful air conditioner to compensate for higher numbers of customers and employees compared to a small office.
- Energy-efficiency: Commercial air conditioners consume a significant amount of energy, so it’s important to choose a unit that’s energy efficient. Look for air conditioners with a good energy rating to ensure you’re getting the most energy-efficient unit possible.
Types of AC Systems Suited To Different Sized Spaces
While there are numerous factors that will determine the best air conditioning system for your home or business, the size of the space is a major influence. Common systems include:
- Split System Air Conditioning: Split system air conditioning consists of two main components – an indoor unit and an outdoor unit – which work together to cool a building. It’s a good option for medium to large-sized homes and businesses, offering energy efficiency and the ability to cool specific rooms or areas.
- Refrigerated Air Conditioning: Refrigerated air conditioning is a type of central air conditioning that uses refrigerant to cool the air. It is a good option for larger homes and commercial spaces, providing effective and efficient cooling.
- Ducted Air Conditioning: Ducted air conditioning is a type of central air conditioning that uses ducts and vents to distribute cool air throughout a building. These are an ideal option for larger homes and commercial spaces, providing efficient and effective cooling, and the ability to control the temperature of specific rooms or areas.